E. Trigg Harrison
- Registration Chairman for the Ruritan National Convention
- District Governor – 1967
- Zone Governor
Deep Creek Club
- Outstanding Service to the Community Award
- Ruritan National Award for School Instruction
- He organized the Deep Creek Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad and was its first President.
- Treasurer and Board Member of the Chesapeake Chamber of Commerce.
- Chesapeake Citizens’ Advisory Board Member
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Chesapeake – Portsmouth Foundation and on the first Chesapeake Jubilee Committee.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the First Anniversary Festival of Chesapeake Committee in 1965
- Member of the Deep Creek United Methodist church and its Administrative Board.
- Past President of the Police Association of Virginia and a member of the Fraternal Order of Police Associates.
- Member of the Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 26.
- Past Commander of American Legion Post 37 and a member of its Forty plus Eight Club.
- Past president of the National Association of Postmaster, he had served for 3 years as the secretary/treasurer of the Virginia Chapter of Postmasters.
- Served as the Chesapeake postmaster 1964-1985
- He was responsible for centralizing Chesapeake’s postal system in Great Bridge.
- World War II Army Veteran
- 1968: He was chosen First Citizen of Chesapeake by the Great Bridge Jaycees.
[Source: Lebanon News, Volume 104, Number 6167, 18 September 1985]