Born: Nov 19, 1914
Died: December 8, 2009
- District Governor – 1954
- Zone 1 Governor
- Member from January 1948 until May 30, 2008
- Member from January 1937 until May 30, 2008
- A member of the American Legion for over 60 years and a member of the Forty & Eight since 1948.
- A member of High Street United Methodist Church, was a former member of Holland Baptist Church for over 35 years served as Chairman of the Board of Trustees and the Board of Deacons, Sunday School Superintendent, and taught the Men’s Bible Class. He served as Moderator of the Baptist Blackwater Association.
- Peanut Cooperative Manager
- 1935-1950: taught Vocational Agriculture and Shop, and coached basketball and baseball at Carrsville High School, Courtland High School, and Holland High School.
- 1950-1954: He was supervisor of Vocational Agriculture in Eastern Virginia
- 1954–1979: Manager of the Peanut Growers Cooperative Marketing Association; Charter member of the Agriculture Council of America; Co-founder of National Peanut Growers Group; Vice President of Virginia Council of Cooperatives; Vice Chairman of the Peanut Administrative Committee; Secretary-Treasurer-Member of Board of Directors of the National Peanut Council; and a member of the National Farm Coalition.
- He was a 1935 graduate of Virginia Tech
- 1941-1945: he served in the U. S. Army, attaining the rank of Major.
- His hobbies included hunting, reading, genealogy, and all Virginia Tech sports.
[Sources: Membership Management System; Obituary]