John Henry Powell
Born: March 22, 1908
Died: April 17, 1985
- National President – 1943
- National Vice President – 1942
- Ruritan National Foundation Trustees – He was one of the first Trustees elected after it was established in January 1968.
- Served on Board of Directors
- Joined in 1930
- Graduate of University of Richmond where he received his Law Degree
- After practicing law for a short time in 1930 he was appointed Clerk of the Circuit court of Nansemond County, Virginia and thereafter was elected without opposition, serving until 1973 when her retired.
[Source: The Ruritan Saga – A History of the First Fifty Years of Ruritan by Robert H. Bailey, Russell Burgess & H.M. (Kit) Shaver, Jr. © 1983]