Curtis William Old, Sr.
Born: April 4, 1899
Died: November 7, 1966
- National President – 1950
- “America” was adopted as the official song
- National Vice President – 1949
- While serving on the Board, he was chairman of the Expansion Committee as well as the Special Committee for the Holland Memorial.
Holland District (The District was officially named in 1950)
- District Governor – 1948
Great Bridge Club
- Vice President
- Chairman of the Norfolk County Community Chest
- Lower Norfolk County Weekday Religious Education Foundation – Treasurer
- Member of the Southside Boy Scout Council
- Currituck county, North Carolina public schools
- University of North Carolina
- Vice President of one of Norfolk’s leading wholesale hardware concerns: Burns, Old & Eaton, Inc.
[Source: The Ruritan Saga – A History of the First Fifty Years of Ruritan by Robert H. Bailey, Russell Burgess & H.M. (Kit) Shaver, Jr. © 1983]